Legal departments and law firms require unique functional requirements for their document and email management system (DMS). A modern DMS for legal work can help legal professionals be more secure, agile, and productive. When considering a new DMS, there are seven essential document management system benefits to keep in mind.
- Document Security: Legal departments require the highest levels of security protection. The DMS for legal work should deliver a multilayered approach to document security that’s both comprehensive and unobtrusive to the end-user. iManage Work 10 is built on Microsoft Azure, ensuring that all data is encrypted at rest and in transit. Additionally, customer and file-specific encryption keys ensure authorized access, while behavioral analytics detect any malicious activity.
- Search Functionality: Legal professionals need to be able to find documents and email communications with pinpoint accuracy to leverage past work and accelerate service delivery. iManage Work 10 improves search results by allowing users to retrieve relevant information, pinpoint specific content required with powerful, personalized searches, and reduce time searching for content. A 2021 study found that iManage contributed to a productivity improvement of 240 hours per user, per year, thanks to faster search, upload, and predictive filing.
- Integration Capabilities: Legal teams work with many legal technologies, and the DMS should integrate seamlessly within this environment. iManage Work 10 integrates with applications used every day, including the entire Microsoft 365 solution suite, Salesforce, and all the solutions for matter management, e-billing, and e-signature that legal users rely on.
- Ease of Collaboration and Version Control: Legal professionals need to collaborate seamlessly, co-author content from any location, and manage document revision and versions easily. iManage Work 10 enables collaboration quickly and intuitively, without disrupting the user’s workflow, with features like co-authoring, track edits, and maintaining a single plan of record.
- Mobility: Legal professionals need to be productive wherever they are working, and a modern DMS enables users to work from anywhere on any device with full security protections. iManage Work 10 enables users to view and edit content across mobile devices, tablets, Mac, and Windows, collaborate efficiently by removing barriers between Microsoft and Google productivity suites, work online or offline, and sync automatically.
- Built for Legal Professionals: A DMS for legal work should offer more than simple document storage; it should support the specific workflow, collaboration, and security requirements of legal professionals and their department. iManage Work 10 is built from the ground up with a comprehensive focus on user experience, including documents and emails saved and organized by project, client, deal, or matter.
- Industry Leadership: iManage is relied on by more than one million users at 4,000 organizations across the globe, including some of the largest and most sophisticated corporate legal departments, law firms, and financial institutions worldwide. iManage’s continued partnership with Microsoft further solidifies its position as an industry leader.
In conclusion, choosing the right modern DMS for legal work can enable legal departments and law firms to be more secure, agile, and productive. A DMS that delivers multi layered security, powerful search functionality, seamless integration, ease of collaboration and version control, mobility, built specifically for legal professionals, and is an industry leader, like iManage Work 10, can help legal professionals streamline tasks and focus on higher value legal work.
Unlock the power of efficient document management and teamwork with iManage for law firms, talk to us https://bnsasia.biz/#!/contact2